Monthly Archives: October 2014
Stand up to Cancer with Kimberley Garrod Photography. I am supporting standing up to Cancer. I have been watching the Stand up to Cancer Campaigns on TV and newspapers and really want to get involved. Cancer effects so many people and two people in my family and friends circle have died to Cancer. So I want to use my skills as a photographer to help support Stand up to Cancer and help all of you to celebrate your loved ones. So I am standing up to Cancer one day every week from now till end November I will be opening the studio for the whole day to raise money for Stand up to Cancer.
Why am I doing this?
So I have been a photographer for many years capturing the important family moments. A story that has always stayed with me in my career and a story that has changed my life has inspired me to get involved. I was working as a photographer for a corporate studio when I first met the gorgeous little girl by the name of Oliva. Only about 2.5years old she had cancer and she came into the studio after getting the all clear from her doctors after under going some very extensive treatment. Her family wanted to celebrate her life and the family unit as they had a little boy a few years older as well. I remember her hair was only just growing back but she was extremely happy and full of character playing with all her favourite toys in the studio. I created a lovely selection of photographs and when the family came back to view the images we were all crying together looking at the pictures they had come out so beautiful and they really captured her personality and happiness. The power of photography always seems to surprise me. I was so touched to be in the presence of this wonderful family who had really gone though some amazing things together. A couple of months later I got a call from a friend of the family telling me that Oliva had got really ill and that she had passed away. I was so upset hearing this news I realised that the power of photography truly lasts a lifetime and that once the moment has gone it can never be captured again. The studio I was working for at the time would not release the images without a extremely high fee for the images. So against my morals a few weeks later I left the company and set up my own business as a freelance photographer. So the Stand up to Cancer campaign is so important to raise funds to help support and accelerate the pace of groundbreaking research that will get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives.
For more information about Stand up to Cancer visit http://www.standuptocancer.org.uk
So come along and Celebrate your family and loved ones and capture a family story and moment in time.
Please call to book your time to come into the studio on 01489 797550 or 07949 690 609.
The shoot could be a couple shoot to celebrate just being in love, a newborn shoot to celebrating the new arrival of little one, pets are welcome because they are apart of the family to, just the little ones, the grandparents, parents you are welcome do not shy away, groups of no more than 12 can include friends groups it’s not just about celebrating the core family but also our second family our friends.
Studio Family Portrait Shoot – Stand up to Cancer days
Wednesday 22nd October 9am to 8pm
Monday 27th October 9am to 8pm
Saturday 1st November 9am to 2pm
Thursday 6th November 9am to 8pm
Friday 14th November 9am to 11am – 5pm to 8pm
Wednesday 19th November 9am to 8pm
Monday 24th November 9am to 8pm
Therefore all you need to do is give me a call to book in a time for your shoot. So shoots are £25.00 for 1hour studio shoot and £10.00 of the shoot fee will go to Stand up to Cancer, Cancer Research UK. Also you will receive 50% off all digital packages on the Stand up to Cancer Studio days. Terms and conditions apply limited availability on each day.
Look forward to meeting you and celebrating your family.For more information please get in touch.
Newborn Baby Photography Shoots Southampton Hampshire. Newborn shoots are such a great way to record little ones arrive into the big wide world. So ideally a newborn shoot takes place in the first 6weeks this ensures you get the sleepy cosy photographs snug as a bug. It is hard to imagine doing a newborn shoot especially if it is your first baby the idea of dragging baby and yourself out of the house to a studio environment for photographs seems a crazy idea. You only get one chance to record the moment of little ones first fews weeks so why not.
1) You need to remember our studio is set up in such a way there is space for feeding baby and changing baby and also toilet facilities and a professional photographer to guide you though-out the shoot so your not alone and you will be looked after.
In front or behind camera?
2) Who do you want to be in the newborn shoot well baby is the obvious one as parents do you want to be in the pictures? It is up to you but really nice thing to do at this special time in your little ones life. You will more than likely hate being in front of camera but afterwards will be happy that you did.
Picking babies outfit?
3) Bring a couple of options best to have more than less so then you and the photographer can pick together what will work best. Baby will also look great snuggled in blankets so outfits may not be essential depending on the style of newborn photographs you want to create.
Picking your outfit?
4) Well if you decided as parents you would like to be in the pictures think about clothes you feel at ease in you want to create a natural look. Most of the photographs will be in close as little one will be very small so shoes are not necessary.
Hair and make-up newborn shoot?
5) Well up to you really if you feel it gives you more confidence or makes you feel more you with your hair and make-up then go for it. Just apply the same amount of make-up you would for nice occasion or daily wear do not go over the top you want it to look natural. Or if you feel like being complete pampered mum in the photographs I can provide a top make-up and hair stylist for the shoot at a additional fee. Who will come to the studio and do you hair and make-up ready for being in front of camera.
What do you want to do with the images afterwards?
6) Well sky’s the limit after the photographs have been taken it is possible to create a whole arrangement of products.
Sopley Mill Wedding Photographer Kimberley Garrod. Well first time at this venue this weekend what a pretty tucked away venue in Christchurch I had the pleasure of photographing Lauren and Nick wedding here I will share a selection of there wedding images once they have seen them. Lovely team at the mill, the mill has such a magical and wonderful feel to it. Especially with the river surround the venue has a very english countryside feel and a element of peace and beauty. Perfect for photographs and even more perfect for putting your own stamp on the venue and saying your vowels together. Area covered by Hampshire registration service wonderful team the Hampshire gang lovely registrars who really look after and guide the couple though the service.
“This beautiful 18th century watermill, surrounded on both sides by the Millstream of the river Avon closed as a restaurant in 2011. The owners of the Mill, which has been in the same family for over 150 years, have taken this wonderful building back in hand from the tenants and we have just opened it as a stunning wedding venue with incredible views over the Avon water-meadows. We want Sopley Mill to be a blank canvas for you to create your own perfect wedding. We will provide the stunning views, beautiful historic building and the privacy that is hard to find in other local wedding venues. You can use the caterers you want, the photographers who’s style you like, the florist who you know, the wedding planner you trust, the decorations you have longed for – it is completely up to you. And, just as important to keep the costs down, we allow you to bring in your own drink without a corkage charge. So you can have a glass of champagne without having to pay the earth for it.”
In line with the ethos of Sopley Mill I have a range of special offers only available for clients who have booked there weddings at Sopley Mill in 2015. Please call to check availability look forward to hearing from you.
For more information on this venue please go to website link below;