Here goes the bit about me
The person behind the camera?
So if you are going to share your journey with me I thought it only right to share mine.
I am a true romantic there’s no hiding it. I love great love stories and really do get a tear in my eye watching chick flicks. I get completely swept away in the moment of the story and end up being that person in the cinema who sweeps there hair over the corner of their face, so no one can see the tears. I love the journey of a good love story, of how two people come to share the same path. Therefore how amazing it is to be a wedding photographer and be the one recording these moments in real life. But not included is the tears, well sometimes I just can not help myself such joyful occasions. You all seem so in love it’s just beyond romantic and to record this in a collection of photographs that will last a lifetime is just such a amazing privilege.
Therefore with my love of photography and love there was only one option to specialise in wedding photography. I took a leap of faith and started the next chapter my photography passion full-time in 2011 with support from my now husband who gave me a little push in the right direction and there has been no looking back since some 8 years on.
The Things that I love.
I love my family. I love being outdoor. I love nature. I love my job. I love all the small details in life. I love to see the things people often miss or walk by. I love art galleries. I also love going to the beach especially when it’s sunny. I also love surfing but always worried what swims beneath! I love Chocolate who doesn’t. I love Polaroid cameras. I love developing a roll of film and having no idea what will come out. I love ice cream and brain freeze. I love hanging out friends. I love trying things that are new. I love Verve Clicquot. I love the adventure of getting lost. I love listening to great music. I love big baggy jumpers with shorts. I love cycling. I love listening to vinyl and playing old cassettes. I love beautiful flowers. I love watching old home recorded movies.
My Photography Style
“I live for the moments in between the seconds capturing the moments of your day in photographs so that it is left behind for future generations to relive in the story.”
Live life capture the moment
My photography style is all about having fun and creating beautiful pictures which truly capture the emotions of the day. Even if a picture I may take looks posed it was created in a natural way where you don’t feel like a lemon in front of the camera. I try to avoid the lemon feeling as I am not a fan of being in front of the camera myself, it is true most photographers hate being in front of camera. So I try to make all who step in front of my camera feel relaxed and to enjoy the experience.
I do guide and support the whole time when necessary. As a professional photographer I have many tips and trade secrets at the ready when required. I am very flexible to your requests and like to work with you on making these requests happen as there maybe key group shots which are traditional to have and create. I like to get to know you and understand the styling of the day and your time plan for the day then I can advise you on photography. I come up with ideas which are inspired and come from your story.
What to expected by having me as your photographer?
Obviously each wedding is different but here are a few bullet points of what to expect but not composed from me these bullet points below are descriptions from my clients because after all they just describe my style and service the best:
- Natural style Reliable, fun and artistic
- Story telling Related to us and the ideas we wanted
- Colourful , Candid
- Puts everyone at ease
- Another friend fitted in perfeclty
- She just gets it
- Styled , Arty, Contemporary
- A little different from the rest
- Personal , Bespoke , Helpful hand
- That bum-bag she has is like Mary popping bag has everything you could need it in for the day
- 110% all day , Professional, Creative
- Extra mile to make us feel so great
- Felt like one of the family
- Did little errands to make sure our day was perfect
- She even printed out my whole entire Pinterest board to ensure she got everything we loved
- Great for thinking of ideas
- Smiley , Prompt and Professional
- She even looked after us and got water for us
- Happy to be in contact often if I needed support
- No matter what crazy idea I threw at her she took it on board
- The amount of effort and time she put in was was above her fee
- Exquisite photos, Vibrant colours
- The photographs are beautiful colourful and relaxed
I am very proud to be recommend wedding photographer at the following venues.
Kimberley Garrod Wedding and Portrait Photographer based in Southampton Hampshire however happy to travel all over the world to capture your story.
I have had the pleasure of photographing at the following venues below:
Solent Hotel and Spa- Whitley. Titchfield Abbey – Fareham. Fareham Registry Office – Fareham. Royal Marines Museum – Southsea. Stanstead House – Portsmouth. Marriott Golf Club – Wickham. Rookesbury Park. Winchester Guildhall – Winchester. Norton Park- Winchester. Registry Office -Winchester. Hotel Du Vin – Winchester. Holiday Inn – Winchetser. Lainston House – Winchester . Royal Winchester Hotel – Winchester. The Clock Barn – Whitchurch. The Dolphin Hotel – StIves Cambridgeshire. Swindon- Wrag Barn Country Club. Lydiard House. The Ivy Hotel. New Forest Outdoor Centre- New Forest. Beaulie Doms – New Forest. Bartley Lodge Hotel – New Forest. Elmers Court – New Forest. Balmer Lawn – New Forest. The Montague Arms Hotel – Beaulieu. Rhinefield House – New Forest. Carey’s Manor.. Beaulie Hotel – New Forest. Sopley Mill – New Forest. Registry Office- Bournemouth. Langtry Manor – Bournemouth. Tudor House – Bournemouth. Bournemouth Beach Weddings – Bournemouth. The Lodge Hotel – Poole. Dudsbury Golf Club and Spa- Ferndown. The Cottonwood Hotel – Bournemouth. Hilton – Bournemouth. Meriton Court Hotel Bournemouth. Audleys Wood – Basingstoke. Oakley Hall – Basingstoke. Basingstoke Registry Office. Bartons Mill – Old Basing. Wokefield Park – Reading. Silchester House. All Saints Church of England – Southampton. Marwell Hotel – Southampton. De Vere New Place – Southampton. Grand Harbour – Southampton. Botley Grange Hotel- Southampton. Chilworth Manor – Southampton. Kuti’s Thai Pier- Southampton. Registry Office -Southampton. Nortal Nelly’s Docks- Southampton. St Pauls Church – Southampton. St Peters Church Maybush – Southampton. Totton Sports Club – Southampton. Princess Caroline Party Ship- Southampton. Wickham Vineyard – Southampton. Grand Cafe- Southampton. South Newton Church- Salisbury. The Old Mill- Salisbury. Bulford Garrison Church – Amesbury. Farbridge – Chichester. Rivervale Barns – Yatley. The Barns at Bury Court Bentley. Rhinefield House New Forest. Chewton Glenn. Stanwell house. Southend Barns. Isles of Scillys – Cornwall. Tioman Island Minang Cove – Malaysia.
The Finer Details the more CV admission.
I could tell you I have been interested in the arts since a very young age and have specialised in photography since the age of 17. I could tell you that I study photography and arts for over seven years in the education system and still continue to study some 15 years later. I could tell you I am a very very experienced professional photographer and have had the pleasure of photographing over 300 weddings I could tell you I have a passion for photography and love people but all of this is built into me it is apart of me and my every day. I started full time as Kimberley Garrod Photography in March 2012 and I now spend all my time on my own photography business which I love.
Qualifications Obtained. A little obsessed with photography you might say!
- Bachelors of Arts in Commercial Photography
- Foundation Degree in The Arts Professional Photography
- Professional Diploma in Photography
- Digital Design Level 3 Advanced
- Diploma in Pet Portraits
- Diploma in Advanced Digital Design
- Photoshop Qualification
- Diploma in Graphic Design
- Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education Double Award Art and Design
- ALevel in Photography
- ASLevel in Photography
- ASLevel in Film Studies
- ASLevel in Media Studies
- The Wedding Industry Awards 2017 Regional Finalist London and South East Best Wedding Photographer.
- Master of Photographers Merit Award 2016.
- The Wedding Industry Awards 2016 Regional Finalist London and South East Best Wedding Photographer.
- The Wedding Industry Awards 2015. Regional Finalist Best Wedding Photography Kimberley Garrod Photography.The
- Wedding Industry Awards 2014. Regional Finalist Best Wedding Photography Kimberley Garrod Photography.
- The Wedding Industry Awards 2014. Best Newcomer Shortlist 2014 Kimberley Garrod Photography.
- Venus Awards Home Based Business Award 2014 WINNER.
- Venus Awards New Business Award 2014 Semi-Finalist.
- Venus Awards Home Based Business Award 2014 Semi- Finalist.
- Venus Awards Customer Service Award 2014 Semi- Finalist.
- Venus Awards Small Business Award 2013 Semi- Finalist.
- Venus Awards New Business Award 2013 Semi- Finalist.